Friday, April 12, 2013

Yard Work {Junkie}

With the arrival of warmer weather, Bill has been absolutely itching to get outside every single weekend to do some sort of work in the yard.

Rake up the leaves.

Rip out all the weeds in the yard/garden area.

Get the garden started.

Just generally be outside in the heat.

Me, on the other hand? I dunno, I don't really like being outside too much because of (and not limited to): extreme heat, I don't like being sweaty, I don't like bugs, bees terrify me, and being out in the sun right now is a genuine health concern because I don't want to overdose on Vitamin D. 

Most of you are probably sitting there stumped, thinking "how you can you overdose on D, considering most of the country is low on D?" Well, last doctor's visit, I was told I am low on Vitamin D, so I've been taking 50,000 units of D a week, as well as switched to whole milk. So, with all that D in my body, I don't want to risk it.

If I do work outside, it has to be close to sunset, because I suffer from heat exhaustion very easily—I even got heat stroke one year at work!

So, while Bill works hard in the yard (heh, rhyme), I'll stay inside reading my books. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I live in the DC area and during the summer, being outside is unbearable! Ach the BUGS. And humidity. And nasty heat. I agree with doing that stuff at sunset. With a lot of bug repellant on to ward off the mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! I enjoy the sun and all that...but I prefer the indoors unless I'm at the beach or lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @disqus_opeZcAqRc9:disqus Same! It's pretty awful to be out when it's boiling and you have to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @google-cb34b68d9ee4282bbd1278b490dcb8b9:disqus Awh, but I love DC! I want to go there this coming weekend for my birthday, but I don't think I'll be able to. Although, it's normally before summer when I go...

    ReplyDelete