Sunday, August 3, 2014

Wanted: A Cure for Writer's Block and Ebola (Not Related)

Seeking a doctor to provide cure for writer's block. Minimal pay, may receive earnings from my first book, if ever published. Also, searching for a doctor who can cure Ebola, as am now afraid to leave my house ever again due to recent outbreak.

Inquire within.


Okay, so I'm not totally serious. (I kind of am.) I'm in the midst of writing a novel, and I've hit a writing roadblock. I had enough steam to write about 3.5 pages, which is great, but then out of nowhere...it's gone. And while it doesn't sound like much, anyone who knows me knows that is a lot of writing. I just want to accomplish something for once, and get it out into the world! Does anyone have any tips or tricks for writers block?

Also, the recent serious outbreak of Ebola has me extremely wigged out. I'm lucky now that I don't work on the front lines of the store right now, so I'm not in contact with thousands of customers a day. But it's still terrifying. I don't even want to leave my house or go out to eat anymore. (I say this after eating out at Longhorn last night and Panera this afternoon....)

Any thoughs to quell my fears?

7 comments:

  1. The one thing that helps me fight writer's block is forcing myself to write, even when I don't want to. It sounds counter-intuitive, but it's the only way I can bust it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Melanie--you just have to write, even if it is garbage on the page--then it just gets better

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Audrey Howitt @Melanie Yeah, I just hate seeing the bad writing, though! I have this problem where I need to see only the good stuff otherwise my brain is just like "derp, everything is useless" and shuts down

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, that would be fabulous to have a doctor who could cure that :) Good luck with the writer's block, hope you overcome it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard this one the news lately. Praying for the families who affected on the virus Ebola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, and I'm such a worrier. I can't help but to worry about it, which does me no good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been writing lots of blog posts lately, but none of my novel... Sigh. Oh well, at least something's being written

    ReplyDelete