Tuesday, August 5, 2014

To Have and to Hold: From Miss to Mrs.

This past weekend, I had the pleasure to attend my wonderful friend Coleen's bridal shower at the Robin's Nest Restaurant in Mount Holly, NJ. The whole thing was a surprise and turned out wonderfully! Doesn't she look gorgeous?! Also, peep those bridal Minnie ears!

More under the cut.




After Coleen came in, we started with lunch (which I did not take a picture of). Among the options were quiche, a breakfast sampler, and a pulled pork sandwich. I opted for the sandwich, and oh boy, was it good! If I ever find myself at the Robin's Nest again, I think I know what Ill be having...
Following lunch, we watched Coleen open her presents. The funny thing about bridal showers is, they're like Christmas, but you know exactly what you're getting, just not in which order.


One of the gifts I gave Coleen. I burned this sign
using transfer paper and a woodburner.

As customary with bridal and baby showers, all of the ribbon is taken from the presents and turned into either a bouquet or a hat. This time around, it's a bouquet, for Coleen to use at her rehearsal dinner!


Coleen's fiancĂ©, Greg, popped by for a quick visit to say hello and see everyone. And of course, what is a guy at a bridal shower without some sort of feminine accessory‽ He looks so enthused, hahah!



Once Coleen opened all the presents, slowly everyone lined up for pictures and to talk to the lovely bride-to-be! For many of us, it had been a while since we had seen her, so it was nice to catch up!

L: Bride and Bridesmaids;    R: Myself and Coleen

Toasts were given, cakes were cut...


Table layouts...
After cake, the party started to clear out and as the bridesmaids took down all the decorations, few of us stood around talking. It was nice to see friends I hadn't seen in a while, and just have an all-around girl day!

Speaking of friends I hadn't seen in a while, after the shower, I met up with my friend Jason at the Historic Smithville Mansion Park, where we had a nice walk around before heading back to Jason's house. On the way there, we had to pass White Dotte Dairy Bar & Grill (which I have always known just as "White Dotte"), so we obviously went in for some ice cream. Practically all my life I've lived in the area, and I've never been! Well, it was just as delicious as everyone has always said it was! (Thanks again for the ice cream, Jason!)

Continuing on in this merry day of adventures, we took a walk around Jason's family's cranberry farm, which I have to say is really cool. It's so quite and beautiful out there. I regret not taking more pictures! Above is us on a buggy ride around the farm, with his dog Tippi, who really enjoys buggy rides. I would say that I do, now, too.


After a few turns about the farm, Jason gave me the bright idea of standing up on the buggy (pictured above). Well ,that was an even better ride than just sitting down! I don't think I've ever had so much fun, honestly.

Altogether, it was such a wonderful that I really needed. Work has been pretty hard lately, so it was nice to just completely relax and have a good time.

Until next time!


P.S. When I uploaded all these pictures to my blog, Google did a thing and made this! So Col, now you and Greg are a GIF, woo!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun bridal shower. Your friend will have so many wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such things weren't celebrated that I know of when I got married in 1961. And yet, now it's a tradition. So glad you all enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridal showers? I mean, they've been around for ages. Stems from the whole "dowry" thing. If a girl didn't have one because she was poor, or her father refused, her friends essentially raised a dowry for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a wonderful day! I wish I could do it all over again

    ReplyDelete