Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tumbleweeds Everywhere

Wow, there sure are a lot of tumbleweeds all over this blog... I have barely been here at all since my birthday. I promise you this wasn't intentional. This post has been coming for a while, so here goes.

See, when I started this little baby of a blog, I had little to do all day. I would sit at home and do nothing, save from cleaning a room here and there, and the prep and cook of dinner. I needed something else to fill my time, but books and spending lots of mind-numbing hours on the internet weren't doing anything for me anymore.


In those hours on the internet, I found lots of great blogs and I got the idea in my head that I wanted to write one myself. I liked to read them, and I liked to write, so why not? It actually proved to be a little harder than expected... Constantly being able to come up with content is definitely a must, which I already knew. But the whole networking thing? Not so much. I had no idea how involved the blogging world was until I tried to get into it myself. I joined tons of sites and reached out to many different bloggers, and I've made quite a few friends out there in the blogosphere.

But I grew antsy. I missed having my own money and was also in want of transportation. It was time for me to find a job. I applied to so many places (save for Burger King and other fast food restaurants of the like, ugh never again), but didn't get in anywhere. Then I remembered where I work now. They had tried to hire me last year when I was in a car accident, but because of the car accident, they understood thing were hectic. They said take as much time as you need. Well, it took until April for my case to close. With no other options in sight, I called them up to see if, hopefully, there was still something there. I was in luck.

A long, grueling hiring process over, I now have a job. And a car. And a checking account. And a credit card. And I enrolled in college. I'm busier than I ever was before.

I feel like I became Super Adult overnight!

In other happier news, I'm almost to my 50th post, AND almost to 10,000 pageviews. I bet you guys thought I was going to say "Well, I'm done with blogging!" Not quite. I really will have to schedule myself better, though. As well as work on my writing. Honestly, this post has been sitting in my draft folder since May because I just couldn't find the words to write! I promise, though, I'm working on it! ;)

I think I may or may not be starting another blog up soon, in conjunction with this one, but for writing. I bought a book today called 4,000 Questions for Getting to Know Anyone and Everyone by Barbara Ann Kipfer. I'm thinking of taking a question or two out a day (or maybe a week), and answering them in writing as sort of an exercise to help me get back into writing. I also got this awesome 5 year Q&A journal on the way ;)

Next few posts up, a guest post from Bill about how he hand-built me my desk and one about my college worries and my trying to figure that out!

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a question book! We have a Five Among Friends question series {here: http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/2013/07/five-among-friends-week-6.html } Let me know if you'd like to play along & we can add you to the roster!!

    Happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'd love to join! Shoot me an email about it, okay?

      Thanks so much for liking and following my blog! I'm on facebook too :3

      http://facebook.com/lifelovepinterest

      Delete