Friday, July 26, 2013

39 Days.

Thirty-nine days.

That's how many I have left until school starts.

I was actually really excited to go until yesterday afternoon when I was told I had to change my major to something different (Business Administration) and take a bunch of classes (Accounting and Business Law, to name a few) that I didn't want.

So, I guess I'll be sticking with Communications. I also found out that I can't do the 4 year school I want through the community college unless I switch my major to English, which I don't want to do. I was really upset all night last night and basically just cried a lot because I thought I wasn't going to get to do what I wanted to do. (Shout out to Bill for dealing with weepy, crying, wailing, me for the night! Love you, pumpkin! ;-* teehee, but srsly, thanks)

And perhaps Human Resources Management isn't for me.

Or maybe I'll get into HR with my Communications degree, who knows. Maybe I'll go into social media or something. I suppose the possibilities are endless.

All I can say is that I am restless to get this started and see if college is or isn't or me. Makes me think of this one Relient K song, "College Kids"

"someone please save us, us college kids!
what my parents told me is what i did
they said go to school and be a college kid
but in the end i question why i did
oh no! not for me, not for me
call it torture, call it university
no! arts and crafts is all i need
i'll take calligraphy and then i'll make a fake degree"



But what if it isn't for me, then what do I do? :/

7 comments:

  1. You'll be fine. And you will enjoy it. And learn something new, and grow. No matter what you do, you will do it well, and I will always love you.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaait....you can do HR with a comm degree!!! :) I was a communication major (ps I HATE how that's in past tense...) and there's a whole section of comm, Corporate Communication, that deals with HR and all of that stuff. If your school has any kind of concentration in that (mine did) you should look into it! Otherwise just a general comm degree without a concentration (that's what I did) could get you there too I think. I feel like communication is such a broad field that touches so many areas that it's hard to say "I can never do that with my degree" unless you're trying to become a brain surgeon or something :)


    Anyway, whatever you choose it's most important to make sure that you're happy. That's #1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the 4-year school I want to go to has Corporate Communication... I suppose I could call and ask them, just so I know what I'm getting myself into, hahah! What school did you go to, maybe I could look into that one.


    Communications is definitely a broad degree, though, you are right. I'd like to say the possibilities are endless, but we'll see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you'll sort things out! college is really fun!! good luck dear! :)

    xoxo,
    rae abigael
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with school! I am going back this fall and it is very nerve-racking. I look forward to hearing how it goes!


    http://timesforchanging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I actually am not even going for communications anymore... Blog post coming up about that soon...


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. New blog post is actually coming up about how I totally switched my major... I'm excited to hear about you too!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete