Thursday, February 21, 2013

{PREVIEW} The Humble Beginnings of a Homely (in a good way) Housewife

Howdy, y'all! Here's a preview of my post for Cattails & Cardigans!

If you were to take a poll today and ask how many people would want to be a house wife, you most likely wouldn’t get very many answers. Not many people dream of spending their days at home while their man is out all day working. I guess that’s what makes me an anomaly.

Currently, I’m only a housewife in the interim, while I try and find work.  But in the meantime, I’m living it up cooking and cleaning! And while that doesn’t sounds very fun, to me, it is. I’m weird. I love to do the dishes. I spend my days cleaning one room a day (more on that later), dancing around the house to Pandora radio, and working on my internet presence. I’ve found the only way to get things done online (as well as around the house) is to treat whatever you’re doing like a job.

To read the rest, click the picture! The post goes live on the 25th!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I'm a fellow housewife, and I saw your guest post on cattails and cardigans. I just wanted to stop by and share some love from another girl who's loving the life of a stay at home wife and mom, and blogging along the way! I really enjoyed your post. I find that breaking down the cleaning and chores into smaller parts really helps to keep me from getting overwhelmed too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I'm not a mom, though. I guess I'm going to have to read your blog to see how you juggle housewifing and mothering at the SAME time (for future practice, of course!) Thanks so much for stopping by~

      Delete
  2. I saw your post on cattails and cardigans and you really helped me out.
    I have to look at blogging as more of a job if I want results.
    & I should totally start taking cleaning day by day..instead of trying to do everything in one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad so I could help you! Cleaning a room a day definitely helps a lot to relieve the overwhelming stress of cleaning in general. Of course, if you have a bigger house, you may have to do more than one room a day, obviously.

      As far as blogging as a job...it's tough in the beginning. I mean, I'm still in the beginning, and I'm not making much. But that's because most people want to avoid ads, not click on them, you know? So, it really just takes some time. If you do start blogging, make sure to get out the and network! But also make sure you're posting good, quality content as well!

      <3,
      H

      Delete