Monday, February 4, 2013

Family Food Test


It’s always a little strange cooking in someone else's kitchen. But I did it with grace and ease (and a little help from my hunk and his momma)! I made chicken broccoli pasta for the family, my biggest batch ever!

As I was getting the chicken done, Bill's brother, Dave, came in the kitchen and asked if he could have a piece. He took one bite and was in heaven! Even said "oh goodness she's hired." Admittedly, the chicken was so good; we all could have eaten just that.

Bill had to help me drain the pasta and the broccoli because the pots were so big I couldn’t lift them without fear of dropping them. He’s such a good helper! And his mom helped with the chicken by teaching me a trick to keep them from burning right before they’re done but still need that extra little bit of cooking time: add water. Seems pretty common sense, but I didn’t think about it. It’s kind of like how you cook sausage.

Mom also popped some Texas toast in the oven near the end so we could have that with the meal. Never had bread with it before, but it was a nice added touch!

When everything was all put together, we sat down at the table to eat. Those first few seconds after everyone had their first bites was a little nerve-wracking because I couldn’t tell if they liked it or not.

Spoiler: They DID! Bill’s uncle George ate with us even though he was supposed to be going to dinner at Bill’s other uncle’s house, but even he had seconds! Everyone loved it. I think this will become a weekly/bi-weekly thing do. Next time we go over, I’m making the Parm Chicken Bake I made for you guys. Hopefully it goes better than it did when I made it the first time!

Oh, and a short little aside… Remember that cheesecake that Bill made? Well here’s the finished product. 



Oreo Crusted Cheesecake. So. Good. Best cheesecake I’ve ever eaten.


Tonight I'm making broccoli and cheese soup via a copy cat recipe from Budget Savvy Diva!


4 comments:

  1. I am happy that your Family dinner passed inspection. And that cake...O M G!!! I want some, although its probably gone by now.
    Love ya,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blog....way to go Heather. <3 Sis H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectro Group of Companies is the India number 1 Testing Laboratory which is provide thr testing service, calibration services, Inspection Service, Food Testing, Water Testing etc,

    ReplyDelete