Thursday, October 24, 2013

College Life

*blows the dust off of the blog*
Well, hello all! It's been a while since I've actually had time to sit down and do a post. I had planned to do a post about depotting Bath and Body Works candles (or really, any candle, but these have the best jars), but of course, now that I want the candle to burn down a lot, it is burning so slowly! I still plan to do that post, I just have to wait until this candle gets to that point. In case anyone was wondering, the candle is "Apple Crumble." So good! I hit up BBW today to find the candle I wanted, Pumpkin Caramel Latte, but they were sold out, and only sell them online for now :(

Anyway, since I have made some college posts before, I thought I would give guys a little update on how that's going.

I won't lie, I'm a little over it.


I definitely had trouble keeping up there for a little bit.

Okay, I still am. But I'm doing better. I don't know, I just never really liked school so I find it very hard to do my homework. Yet at the same time, I'm paying for it now, so it makes a difference. I still am not too terribly fond of school, but if I don't get a degree, I'll end up working at a grocery store forever, and who wants that?

I don't.

Yet, I still feel like, even if I get this degree, I might still end up working at this grocery store, and as nice of a job as it is, I don't want to be a cashier forever. Nor do I want to deal with stupid, rude people forever who look down on me like I am the scum of the earth because I work at the grocery store that they deem acceptable to shop at.

Ah, life.

Making friends at school is kind of hard. Everyone seems to be so kept to themselves that it's hard to start conversations like it was in high school. At least in high school, when you're all trapped in one classroom together, you talked. Not so much in college. I have made at least one or two friends, though! (Hi Carl, if you're reading this!)

For a very short stint, I was editor of the school newspaper, until they shut that down because it wasn't "cost-effective" or whatever. C'est la vie.

As far as I know, I am doing pretty okay in classes, so that's good at least. Trying to get those good grades to maybe get on the dean's list and a discount on my car insurance. But we'll see ;)

Hope all is well with you lovely people! I promise I'll continue to work hard on new content soon!

3 comments:

  1. You'll do well. You have a good head on your shoulders, and a good brain that figures things out logically. If you set your mind to it, and believe in yourself, you can do anything! I love you <3
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I've been having the exact same feelings about returning to college this year, I guess you have to just keep reminding yourself what's it gonna be like in the long run! Just keep your head up and you can pull through anything :)

    Katie xo
    www.scarphelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's worth it in the long run, but at the same time, UGHHHH. I'm very over this whole college thing, just sayin'. What are you going to school for?

    ReplyDelete